Monday 17 August 2009

It is begining to look a lot like Spring at our place

We took an impulsive trip, in the glorious weather last Saturdayweek, temps of 20degrees Celsius to head the 140km return trip to Hobart. We had been wanting to go to Salamanca Markets for some time. This was a perfect day. It was too! Warm sunshine, and fantastic. Southern american music, jugglers, artisans, craftsman,photographers, cooks, cheesemakers and food smells abounding. It is sad though to see the cheap, imported manufactured goods appearing on so many stalls. It is really taking away the wonderful uniqueness of this Tasmanian institution. It is still worth a enjoyable leisurely stroll, and trying the great foods, and drinks that are being produced. We certainly enjoyed it.
First time pasta making! I have also been cooking home made ravioli, after following a tutorial on the Down to earth blog, I really enjoy this blog. It was such a enjoyable thing to make, and even though I have not got a pastry roller, and rolled the pastry by hand, it was not too bad for a first effort. Spinach and ricotta cheese in a tomato sauce yummo! They took a bit longer to cook than I allowed for, as I had made the pasta a bit too thick. I know next time to roll it even thinner. I am going to try my hand at spaghetti next time. Still too wet to get into the garden, and it began to rain again on Sunday so it was a good thing we went out yesterday.

No comments: