Monday 15 December 2008

It is a hard place to live

I love living in my beautiful home, and environment. I have been picking raspberries(only a small handful so far) and they are not very sweet as we have not had a lot of sunshine lately, so sugars have not risen so well. Lots of flowers and sunshine coming.. The strawberries on the other hand have been great, over 1Kg so far. My potatoes are giving us lovely new potatoes. I have been doing a bit of bandicooting and we have been enjoying, with home grown parsley or mint. Tess the horse is doing a fine job of eating the long grass, but I will still need to have someone slash some areas. At least my fruit trees may be safer this year. My vegie garden is very basic as far as structure goes, but the plans to improve it over winter and put better quality wire fencing around. Put some pathways, and get the beds sorted properly. I finally managed to net the two cherry trees today, the blackbirds were not happy..lol My DH is giving me a digital camera for Christmas, so I will be able to put up more up to date photos. The photos on the blog so far are from last year, springtime. Well it is nice to have some where to share images of my home and area

No comments: